Does Visualization Work?
A picture is worth a thousand words. We've all heard that saying before!
This has never been truer than in the case of using Visualization. Visualization
is an excellent tool to deal with the dis-ease and illness in your life.
Visualization, a meditation technique, uses pictures or imagery to balance
the brain and boost our body back to total health. The brain is divided
into two sides - our left logical side and our right creative side.
Most of our life is spent using the left, logical side of the brain.
By using visualization we yield to our right creative side and produce
a balance of the brain. This balance of the brain aids the natural healing
processes of the mind and body.
What is Visualization?
1. Can't Keep Positive if you try to control situations. This uses the left brain and puts right side out of balance and actually creates a Paradox or Contradiction in the brain. Have you ever wanted something so much that it doesn t happen? Then when you don't want it, it happens? That's because trying to control a situation makes your goals rigid and actually inhibits the mind-body connection in accomplishing what you want.
2. Can't keep positive if you SET expectations, significance, attitudes or feelings on what we want. Like control, these make our goals rigid and actually prevents you from accomplishing what you want.
3. Can't Keep Positive if you worry about what other people think. We have to recognize who we are and accept ourselves. Every one of us is special and has special gifts. It s our choice whether we use them or not.
4. Can't keep positive if you confuse happiness with fulfillment of desires. Wanting is natural in life but the idea that we can t be happy unless we satisfy a a certain desire is not!
5. Can't keep Positive if you insist on being right or what I call "My Way is the Only Right Way". The insistence on always being right shows a small view of the world. It makes you feel safe but stops communication, awareness of new changes and stops the ability of choice and usually relies on anger and blame to create a sense of your own independence, but it all it really does is cut you off from Positive Thought.
6. Can't Keep Positive if you use Rationalization. This is where you assemble an explanation to conform to your perspective - But it has no foundation! You falsely attribute to others your own way of thinking, feeling and acting. No two people are alike, so this strategy fails. When your head and heart can t come together it's called rationalization.
7. Can't Keep Positive if you use I SHOULD. This is usually based on false social beliefs (e.g., wearing a particular brand of clothing) that keep us plunged into negative feelings not positive ones.
8. Can t keep positive if you live in the
Past or the Future. This keeps your mind fragmented and
stops you from accomplishing what you want. You can't do anything about
the past - it s over. You can' t do anything about the future because
there are too many variables that could happen. So you have to learn
to Focus on the Moment. Concentrating on the moment allows you to accept
change easier and enjoy each moment of life. You need to forget the
past that is stopping us from what we want to accomplish and learn to
deal with NOW in THIS MOMENT. By Living in the moment life flows. You
then set up loose goals, put the Intention of what you want to accomplish
to workand then let any attachment to the outcome go so it CAN be accomplished.
Remember focus on the Intention and not the results.
The procedure to visualization is simple. 1) Find a quiet place. 2) Define your intention. 3) Concentrate on the breath and breathing. 4) Begin your visualization. Visualization usually takes six weeks to work and should be done in the morning and at night before bedtime. However, many people find results after the very first time. To effect a successful outcome, you need to be specific when you define your intention and FEEL, KNOW and TRUST that it is going to work! Visualization does work. Try it and see!